Terms & Conditions
- Bookings can be made directly via our store in person or via the website.
- We take bookings up to 6 months in advance. Bookings are secured when the booking-fee is paid in full.
The “hire fee” for the products will be the hire fee and delivery fees and any additional charges listed on the website in relation to your hire of products. When you order a product you authorize Department 24 to charge your payment method for your hire fee. In addition to your hire order for a product, you authorize Department 24 to charge your payment method up to an amount to 200% of the entire original retail value of the product as set in the “retail value” on the website. Provided we only charge your payment method when you have not upheld your commitment to us as set forth in the hire agreement below. In the event an invoice is issued for payment for any reason then payment shall be due within seven (7) days of the date of the invoice.
- A regular rental period is for a duration of 3 days.
- This means the dress is due to be returned during opening hours on the last day of the booking. Boutique returns: For boutique drop off, customers are expected to return the item within opening hours. If the return date falls on a day that the boutique is closed, the next day will be the required return date.
- Post Returns: For interstate customers, or customers posting items after the hire, items must be posted on the fourth day in the return Express Post bag provided by Department 24 (unless otherwise agreed at the time of hire). Postage item location can be tracked via the tracking numbers provided by Department 24 at the time of delivery.
- Customers are expected to notify Department 24 urgently if there is a delay in returning the item.
- If customers receive an item that is not as described, or faulty, customers are expected to contact Department 24 within 2 hours of receipt of the item and we will arrange exchange, or refund of the booking fee once the item is received back at the boutique.
- Late returns attract a Late fee of 25% of the hire price per day that the return is late, after the last day of booking. Late fees will be charged to the customer credit card details that were provided at the time of booking
- If the customer has not returned the rental item(s) within 15 days after the return date, Department 24 will consider the rental item(s) as non-returned and will charge the User’s credit card 100% of the recommended retail value in addition to the rental cost that the User has already paid.
- Rental Bookings:
- Department 24 reserves the right to cancel a booking at short notice. Reasons for cancellation may include (but are not limited to) an item not being available due to late return by a previous customer or damage to an item. Department 24 endeavour to provide as much notice as possible. In the event of a cancellation by Department 24, Department 24 offers a full refund, store credit or the option to change the booking to another item.
- We are able to post interstate. We use Express post satchels, which enables a guaranteed next day delivery in most areas. Please refer to the Australia Post website for further information on the Guaranteed-Next-Day-Delivery network in Australia. If the users location is out of the Express Post network, it will take more than one business day and Department 24 has no control over this.
- The fee is $30 for return postage, we will include a return envelope which is addressed to our business.
Fit Guarantee and Back-up dress
- On receiving the dress, interstate customers or customers unable to try on dresses in store are entitled to a Fit-Guarantee. If the dress does not fit, Department 24 will provide a refund, minus the postage, or a store credit.
- Please note, there is a limit of one Rental Fee refund per order. If two full-priced rental dresses are returned unworn, customers can claim a refund for one dress' rental fee and a store credit for the other dress' Rental Fee.
- Backup dress: A backup dress can be added to an order at a 80%OFF reduced rental fee. The backup dress fee is non refundable. Limit of 1 Backup Dress per order.
- If the customer wears either the backup dress, or the full priced option, we do not refund the difference in price between the two.
- If the customer does not wear either dress (= two dresses are returned with tags attached):We will refund/provide store credit for the booking fee for the primary dress only. The fee for the Backup dress will not be refunded.
- Professional cleaning is included in your hire and you agree that no attempts will be made to clean, alter, iron/press garment/s (unless otherwise arranged). Department 24 shall not be held liable for any health-related complaints associated with a product rented from our site. Our products most likely have been worn by other consumers prior to your rental.
Damage to hired Items/Lost and Stolen hired Items
- We expect our customers to take reasonable care of the hired item.
- Department 24 offers free damage insurance to the value of one hundred dollars ($100) to cover minor damage or staining. For minor damage and/or staining if Department 24 assesses (at its sole discretion) that the cost of repairs will be over one hundred dollars ($100), then the customer will be required to pay the difference (e.g. if the repair cost is one hundred and fifty dollars ($150), then Department 24 will require the customer to pay fifty dollars ($50). The repair or replacement costs will be charged to the customer credit card details that were provided at the time of booking. Customers will be notified of all charges in advance. Repair or replacement cost may be up to the amount listed as the Recommended Retail Price (RRP) at the time of booking, less the booking fee.
- If the item gets lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair, whether or not such loss, theft, or damage is attributable to any negligence, failure, or omission of the customer then the customer will be liable to pay for replacement of the item. In assessing the replaceable value, Department 24 will take into account, the demand of that dress in the market, the availability to purchase that dress in the market, the condition of the dress, and the rental fee that the customer has already made. Charges can be up to 100% of the recommended retail value in addition to the rental cost that the customer has already paid.
By accepting the terms and conditions, I authorize Department 24 to charge the provided credit card or PayPal according to the terms outlined above. This payment authorization is for the goods/services described above, for the amount indicated above only. I certify that I am an authorized user of this credit card/ PayPal and that I will not dispute the payment with my credit card company; so long as the transaction corresponds to the terms indicated in this form.
If Department 24 does not receive payment from your credit card provider or if your credit card expires or is rejected, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand. If any monies payable remain unpaid by you after 7 days from the date of demand, you authorise Department 24 to charge any outstanding fees and other amounts due to us in accordance with these Terms and Conditions against any credit card you have on file with us, including but not limited to the credit card, which details are specified above.
Department 24 reserves the right to take all steps necessary to collect amounts due from you, including but not limited to legal action and/or using third party collection agencies.
PRIVACY DECLARATION: Personal Information collected and/or held by Department 24 will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected or otherwise in accordance with the National Privacy Principles (NPPs). Department 24 will hold this information securely, and will only disclose personal information in accordance with its Privacy Declaration (available at www.apartment24.com.au). If you would like to request access to your personal information or find out more about how Department 24 respects your right to privacy, please contact us by email at email@example.com